Monday 4 April 2011

EVALUATION - Question 1

In what ways does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products?

Above are the 9 explanations to my nine screen shots and below are the print screens to my 9 screen shots.

1.My first image is the opening shot to my film, which shows Taylor staring directly into the camera, I feel this shot is important to my film because it symbolizes how she feels and the way that she looks tells the audience she’s obviously not happy and quite moody which incidentally is the theme I was partly going for.

2.My second shot that I captured, I feel shows an important part of Taylors life and the different stages that she’s going through during the whole break up torment, it shows her and Ryan together really happy and it just goes to show how different their lives have been and how opposite their feelings have been.

3. My third shot again shows Taylor and Ryan lying in bed with Taylor looking at Ryan in a daze almost with a dreamlike feel to it. This shot in particular symbolises what they have been through especially Taylor because throughout the music video shows how up and down her emotions are and because this specific shot was shown towards the end of the film could mean they got back together, however you would never be able to tell if this is the actual case.

4. My fourth image captured is of Taylor and Ryan having one of the many arguments in the film, the shot is in black and white symbolising that everything is clearly not ok. You can see Taylor blowing smoke into Ryan’s face obviously to annoy him, the shot itself is a medium close - up and the effect used shows them in four separate squares the name of this is replicate. To me this image mainly symbolises the hate that the two of them have for each other at this particular stage in their relationship, so that’s why its one of my nine screen shots.

5. I really like this shot of Taylor, it not only shows her and her emotions but also the mise en scene in the background, the use of lighting is great too you can see it shining through the trees to give again a dream like feel to it.

6. My sixth shot shows a black and white image of Taylor running, this immediately asks a question to the audience what and why is she running from? I feel it shows her vulnerable side and makes her seem lost in herself. The visual effects of the image show a long distance shot used also black and white, I chose black and white for this particular shot because its not a happy part of her life and throughout the film I used black and white on and off so it wasn’t one colour throughout, I felt this gave it a more unique edge.

7. This particular image shows a close up shot of Taylor staring directly into the camera, the effect used shows her face looking illuminated I chose this effect in particular to make her seem really emotional, not only does the effect show this but the look on her face is so personal and the way she is staring into the camera makes her seem she’s hurt and wants revenge in a way for the break up.

8. Throughout creating my film I got ideas from other music videos and one in particular ‘Ellie Goulding – Your Song’ really stuck out to me I really liked the ideas she had in it and I felt similar ideas would work well for my film, which coincidently refers back to my eighth image of Taylor you can see her smiling in between a set of trees again with the ‘echo’ effect which nicely shows through in the trees. This image symbolises her in a way that you can love AND hate someone at the same time as she’s obviously going through many different emotions but letting us the audience know clearly how she feels with the expressions on her face.

9. My ninth and final image shows a close up shot of Taylor, throughout my film I used quite a lot of close up shots so you can really see the expressions on her face and try and understand what she’s feeling. Again this idea came from watching Ellie Gouldings music video to ‘Your Song’ I noticed that there were many close up shots in that music video which led to me putting them in mine and image nine being a result of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment